28.05.2011

The Enchanted Doll


Mein Souvenir aus dem Hotel Costes in Paris ist die Zeitschrift Palace Costes. Das Magazin ist etwas ganz anderes, sehr französish eben, und hat mich vor allem wegen der wunderschönen Fotografie begeistert. Ein Artikel ist mir besonders aufgefallen: "Infomania" über die Künstlerin Marina Bychkova und ein Fotoshoot mit Puppen...

      My souvenir from the Hotel Palace in Paris is the magazine Palace Costes. It is really something special - very French - and I love the beautiful photography in it. There was one article that caught my attention: "Infomania" about the artist Marina Bychkova and a shoot with dolls...






 
Schaut euch unbedingt ihre Homepage www.enchanteddoll.com an, da seht ihr viele weitere Bilder, die einfach unglaublich sind! Die Künstlerin sagt über sich selbst und ihre Arbeit:

     You have to visit her homepage www.enchanteddoll.com, you can see a lot more pictures of her dolls that are just unbelievable! The artist about herself and her work:

My need to work with dolls became evident as a calling when I was six years old. As a child I became painfully aware and appalled at the mediocrity and the uninspired dullness of mass-produced dolls. This profound frustration coupled with my natural sensibilities inspired me to create my own dolls, suited to my own ideas of feminine beauty. A particular point of interest for me was not only the life-like articulation of the body, but also the beautiful balance between a delicate form and an extraordinary function of a doll.

When I needed to come up with brand name to give my dolls an identity, I decided to name them after Paul Gallico’s fictional, short story called “Enchanted Doll”, where a young woman creates dolls with so much love that they enchant people at first sight with their compelling, delicate, life-like beauty.

And this is my goal also.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Thank you for your comment!